Croydon GP Hubs hosted a successful Health & Wellness Open Day for all members of the public at Croydon Centrale Shopping Centre on Saturday 15th September 2018.
The event was well attended, mixed with members of the general public, AT Medics staff, Margaret Bird from Croydon council and a number of excellent services for all visitors to access and learn about.
The event was also attended by the Mayor of Croydon, Councillor Bernadette Khan. She said “(I) found the event very informative and thought it was great to be centrally located in the shopping centre- so accessible for Croydon residents. In particular, (I) thought it was very useful in the promotion of self-help with guidance and support for how to access appropriate pathways dependent on our resident’s needs.”
The health services that attended were:
- Mencap, a charity that represents the interests of people with learning disabilities, their families and carers within the London Borough of Croydon.
- Croydon Talking Therapies (IAPT), offering talking therapies for anyone registered with a Croydon GP who is feeling depressed, low, stressed or anxious.
- Croydon MIND, a non-profit organisation working to promote good mental health for people living in Croydon.
- The London Ambulance Service, the busiest emergency ambulance service in the UK, serving more than eight million people who live and work in the London area.
- Croydon Vision, who provide a wide range of services to help those who are blind or partially sighted to live as independent, confident and fulfilled lives as possible.
- Amber Crisis Pregnancy Centre, who support women and their partners, in the South London area, coping with a range of pregnancy related crises.
- Just Be Croydon, who will be sharing information on their Live Well Croydon programme. The integrated healthy lifestyle service is for residents of Croydon and offers advice, hints and tips on a range of health behaviours, including being alcohol aware, sex safe and food smart.
The event helped to promote the role and benefits of the Hub services, as well as raising awareness about a number of local healthcare service providers accessible through the surgery for patients and the residents of Croydon.
GP Hub Parkway, GP Hub Purley and GP Hub Central Croydon provide extended and urgent access to GP services 365 days a year, from three locations for all residents of Croydon, and have been delivering this service since 2016.